New Orleans Style Dirty Rice - 50% less sodium
Dirty Rice Flavor captures the mildly spicy, peppery taste of New Orleans
and it is ideal for Cajun-inspired dishes.
Directions to prepare:
1) Cook 1 pound lean ground chicken, turkey or beef in a large (12 - 14") non stick skillet.
Break up any clumps of meat with spatula as you cook the meat.
2) When the meat is cooked through, add 4 cups of water.
3) Bring to a boil, then add entire bag Dirty Rice Mix.
4) Stir, cover with a lid or tightly with aluminum foil.
5) Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for about 25 minutes, or until all water is absorbed.
VAR. Add Andouille Sausage for extra flavor.
Serving size - 1/3 cup dry
Calories - 170
Total fat - .5g
Trans fat - 0g
Cholesterol - 0mg
Sodium - 380mg
Carbs - 37g
Dietary fiber - 2g
Sugars - 0g
Protein - 1.75g
Ingredients: Enriched Long Grain Parboiled Rice (Rice, Iron, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid), Onion, Sea Salt, Red and Green Bell Peppers, Yeast Extract, Garlic, Spices (including Red Pepper), Salt, Caramel Colors and Paprika.